Monday, February 28, 2011

EDLD 5364 - Week 1

The knowledge that I have gained in the first week of "Teaching with Technology" includes three types of learning theories.  These theories include Constructivism, Contectivism and Cyborg.   Constructivism is based on students constructing new learning based on their baseline knowledge.  In a constructivism classroom, students are more involved in the traditional classroom.  The are synthesizing information and they ask more questions.  The classroom is learner-centered instead of teacher-lead.  A Contectivism classroom is where learning is considered to be a continual process and more about knowing where to find knowledge needed within various methods. The Cyborg theory is based on how humans interact with machine.  Watching the videos on futurist Ray Kurzweil, was to me, a bit scary. I truly enjoy technology but not to the extreme of effecting the human brain, nervous system, etc.

I also enjoy learning about how to use Web 2.0 tools and integrating these tools into the high school curriculum.  The tools that I have discovered from this book, have already begun to be used in my school and I look forward to learning more from the book, "Using Technology with Classroom Instruction that Works" and how to use adaptive tools into the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment